We’ve all been through it: coming home late at night,too tired to do anything but still wearing your makeup. So what do you do? Well, best case scenario is to quickly use one of the wet tissues and go to bed. Worst case? Sleep with your makeup still on.
You don’t need me to tell you how bad this is for your skin,right?
The thing is, we all think that this is the worst thing we can do to our skin but it’s not the only one! Even when you think you are following a good skin care routine you might be mistaken!
So here are some basic errors we all do!
• never skip your day and night cream
Nutrition and hydration is very important for your skin. Even if you don’t wear makeup still you have to apply day cream before you leave the house and night cream right after you wash it!
• don’t only use makeup remover wipes! They are crazy practical when you’re in a hurry but don’t just make it a habit! Use lotions or soaps (that actually depends on your skin type and your preference) and make sure you remove all makeup!
• make sure you drink water!! I know I keep posting about the importance of water for health and of course your skin. But I promise you, 3 more glasses of water per day will do miracles for your skin!!
• Don’t forget to exfoliate! Even if you don’t have a blemish prone skin still you need that extra deep cleansing once in a while!
• try changing your sleeping side! It is true! When you keep sleeping from the same side for the whole night then this side tends to be more oily! Try switching sides and of course change often your pillow case!
• change your towels regularly! Even if your skincare routine is perfect it all goes away with a towel covered in germs! Make sure you change your towels often in order to help your skin remain clean and blackhead free!
Images taken from Pinterest